What is the T.E.A.L.® Walk/Run Program?
The T.E.A.L.® Walk/Run Program includes Walk and Run
events in various cities in the USA.
These events celebrate the courage of Ovarian Cancer survivors and the strength
of the families
who’ve been touched by the disease, while spreading awareness
to the public and raising money
The name of the Walk/Run Events are T.E.A.L.® which stands for
both Teal, the color that symbolizes
Ovarian Cancer, and for the not for profit
organization that established the events, Tell Every Amazing Lady
Ovarian Cancer Louisa M. McGregor Ovarian Cancer Foundation.
Interactive Map of T.E.A.L.® Walk/Run Locations:
T.E.A.L.®’s premiere event, the Annual Brooklyn T.E.A.L.® Walk/Run, from which the foundation owes its inception,
began in 2009. This Walk is a non-competitive 2.5 mile event with both
individual walkers and teams of walkers while the Run is a friendly competition
and timed 5K race event followed by an Award Ceremony where winners are
announced.T.E.A.L.® has successfully launched satellite T.E.A.L.® Walks and 5K Runs, as part of a planned initiative to spread T.E.A.L.®’s mission through the T.E.A.L.® Walk nationally, to touch more people
than ever before. This initiative allows T.E.A.L.® supporters and Ovarian Cancer
Survivors who do not live in the Brooklyn area to attend a T.E.A.L.® Walk/Run
in their area. Our Brooklyn and Satellite T.E.A.L.® Walk/Run Program makes a
direct impact on our society by addressing this important women’s health issue
and demonstrating the power and unity of many individual communities across the
United States coming together in the larger fight against Ovarian Cancer.
- Over 14,632 registered participants have been a part of our T.E.A.L.® Walk/Run program with 719 teams since 2009.
- Since 2009 our T.E.A.L.® Walk/Run program has raised over
$2 Million for Awareness and Research Programs
- Check Event Central to find information about upcoming T.E.A.L.® Walks and Runs.
Our Satellite T.E.A.L.® Walk and 5K Runs
The T.E.A.L.® Walk/Run Programs is Expanding to
other states in the USA (NY, AL, GA, CT,
- T.E.A.L.® had its first ever T.E.A.L.® Satellite Walk called the
Woodbury T.E.A.L.® Walk which took place in Highland Mills, NY in 2013.
- A committed T.E.A.L.® volunteer, Ovarian Cancer survivor, and
activist spearheaded this walk, which helped spread T.E.A.L.®'s message and
impact beyond Brooklyn and raised over $6,000.
- 2nd Annual Woodbury T.E.A.L.® Walk in Highland Mills, NY in
- The event was hosted by the Woodbury Parks and Recreations
department and organized by the same T.E.A.L.® Ovarian Cancer Survivor. The
event grew with almost 200 walkers and
raised over $12,000.
- T.E.A.L.® Walk in Fairfield, Pennsylvania in April 2014
- T.E.A.L.® had its first Pennsylvania T.E.A.L.® Walk spearheaded by a high school senior. The T.E.A.L.® Walk took place at the
Carrol Valley Community Park in Fairfield, PA and raised over $1,000.
- T.E.A.L.® Run in
McCalla, Alabama in May 2014
- Miss Alabama contestant Kendyl Jones used Ovarian Cancer
Awareness as her platform with a 5K run in Alabama called “Un-T.E.A.L. There’s
A Cure.” This 5K Run raised over $1,200 for T.E.A.L.® ‘s Ovarian Cancer research
and awareness programs.
- T.E.A.L.® Walk in Litchfield, Connecticut since 2014
- Taking place at White Memorial Conservation Center in
Litchfield, Connecticut, this walk raised over $2,000. Hosted by Hope Assembly
#46 (International Order of the Rainbow for Girls) and organized by
- T.E.A.L.® Walk in Savannah, Georgia since 2014
- This T.E.A.L. ®Walk/Run takes place at Lake Mayer Track with great success, surpassing its original fundraising goal of $1,000. This
event was possible thanks to our dedicated T.E.A.L. volunteer organizer and her
collaboration with Kappa Psi-Delta Omega Fraternity at South University.
Tell Every Amazing Lady About Ovarian Cancer Louisa M.
McGregor Ovarian Cancer Foundation is a not for profit 501 (c)(3) organization
started by the late Louisa M. McGregor and her sister Pamela Esposito-Amery in
2009. The Brooklyn based grassroots foundation that started by working out of a home office and
has grown since then and has raised over a million dollars benefiting Ovarian
Cancer research and awareness programs through the annual T.E.A.L.® Walk/Run Program and
other events and programs throughout the year.
The T.E.A.L.® Walk/Run, however, is just one of the many programs where Tell Every Amazing Lady® About Ovarian Cancer promotes awareness
and raises funds for research. Throughout the year, T.E.A.L.® is constantly
reaching the public by hosting fundraisers and spreading awareness and
education in the community at health fairs, hospitals, symposiums, and schools.
Contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org about Organizing a T.E.A.L.® Walk or Run in your
Consider helping us make the next T.E.A.L.® Walk or T.E.A.L.
Run a success by joining us as:
The Growth of the the T.E.A.L.® Walk/Run Program: